Swedish pancakes


Directions

Well, I'm not Swedish, but I do have a bookcase from Ikea, so I think I know Swedish. And, my cousins are half Swedish and they're the snootiest people I know, which helps me understand some of the previous reviews. These pancakes were fantastic! My kids loved them, my wife loved them, and I loved them. The dog, however, did NOT like them. We fried these babies up in no time and topped them with powdered sugar, raspberries, a little lemon juice, whipped cream and even Nutella. What a treat!

My family and friends have enjoyed this recipe many times. These are a wonderful change frome traditional pancakes and or waffles. Thanks so much for the wonderful tasting recipe.
I have not tried this receipe for Swedish Pancakes. Swedish pancakes are NEVER made with oil always melted butter. Since I am Swedish and my parents were born in Swedish and my oldest daughter lives in Sweden I will continue to make my mother's recipe for Swedish pancakes.
My family loves these topped with chopped fresh strawberries on top.
I've used a similar recipe that we make a big batch, then freeze. they are great that way too.Another way to serve is with peanut butter, or with butter and brown sugar.
answer to your questionyes they can be frozen before stuffing put a layer of parchment or waxed paper between each then when ready to use let thaw at room temp they are wonderful this way too
This is a question, not a comment. Can these be frozen? How are they after they are frozen?
Mix/whip cream cheese and butter or margarine together and spread on pancakes. Then add a dollup of cherry, apple, or blackberry pie filling and roll up like a blitz or do the fold over thing. Sprinkle rollup with powder sugar. Place side by side in rows on serving platter for a beautiful addition to a tasty brunch.
This is really good using whipped topping and any kind of fresh fruit like strawberries!

Comments