Oatmeal_raisin_cookies_recipe

Oatmeal_raisin_cookies_recipe

Is there anything better than a soft, thick, and chewy cookie? I’ve always been a huge fan of oatmeal cookies because there’s so many different things you can mix into them and they’re always delicious.

So today I wanted to share a simple and classic oatmeal raisin cookie recipe with you. This is by far my favorite recipe for soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies, they’re so easy to make, and they always bake up so beautifully.

And if you’re not a huge fan of raisins, you can easily replace them with some chocolate chips for an easy chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe. Or maybe even use chocolate covered raisins? Now that I think about it, I’m actually trying that next time.

To make these cookies, you’ll cream together a stick of unsalted butter with some brown sugar and granulated sugar. I love to use a bit more brown sugar than granulated sugar in cookies because it adds more flavor, moisture, and creates a chewier cookie. Brown sugar is one of my favorite ingredients to use in the kitchen and I go through it like crazy!

You’ll also mix in some of the usual ingredients like an egg, vanilla, flour, baking soda, and some salt. I also love to mix in a little ground cinnamon into oatmeal cookies because it adds a little something extra to them. If you’re a total cinnamon lover, you can feel free to increase the amount a bit.

You’ll also be mixing in some old-fashioned roll oats and raisins. I find that 1 cup of raisins is perfect to get a good amount of raisins in each cookie.

To keep the cookies from spreading, it’s best to refrigerate the cookie dough for about 30 minutes. By refrigerating the dough, the cookies bake up thicker and it allows the flavors to marry together. These cookies always bake up so perfectly and they may even change the mind of someone who thinks they don’t like raisins.


Comments